Applicants sought for Volunteer Patrol and Special Events Academy | Community Spirit
Pinellas County, Florida -- The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is now accepting applications for their next Volunteer Patrol and Special Events Academy, giving citizens a chance to work side-by-side with deputy sheriffs.
Volunteer Patrol and Special Events applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States and be a full-time or seasonal Pinellas County resident
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver's license
- Successfully complete a volunteer application
- Pass a sheriff's office background investigation
- Complete a training Academy
- Should be available to volunteer at least 15 hours a month
- Previous law enforcement experience is not a requirement and uniforms and equipment will be provided by the sheriff's office
"Our volunteers provide and invaluable level of service and support to this agency and our community," Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said in a release. "We invite those who are interested to apply with us for a very rewarding and important volunteering experience."
For more Information call the Citizen's Volunteer Office (Attn: Corporal Bryan Bingham) at 727-582-6545.