"Florida's Best Crossing Guard Program" awards Hillsborough County | Community Spirit
Hillsborough County, Florida-- Parents in Hillsborough County can rest easy knowing their children's crossing guards are hard at work day in, and day out.
According to a recent release,the Florida Department of Transportation presented the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office with an award for the "Florida's Best Crossing Guard Program" Friday morning.
Reports say Sheriff David Gee was especially proud of the county's crossing guards, who monitor close to 250 crossings for nearly 100 schools in the county-- bringing the grand total of children assisted to daily to 15,000.
Upcoming Events near Clearwater
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dancing and live entertainment at Largo's Holiday Showcase Event
- ONLY ON 10: Man goes to Philippines to find in-laws
- Florida Botanical Gardens holiday light display opens
- World's premier Chinese acrobatic company coming to Largo Cultural Center
- Largo rape suspect still at large after attacking 60-year-old