Two Chambers of Commerce team up to host political event | Events
Clearwater, Florida -- The Clearwater Regional Chamber is partnering with the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce of Commerce to host the “Politics in the Park Hob Nob” event on July 31.
The event provides an opportunity for citizens of Pinellas County to interact with candidates running for local, state and federal office.
Bob Clifford, President of the Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce stated in a release:
“We have hosted this successful event for many years ensuring participants have the best opportunity to meet and vet the candidates. Partnering with the St Petersburg Chamber allows us to expand our reach giving everyone the opportunity to size up the candidates and make their own informed decisions.”
Several candidates have confirmed their participation in the 2012 event including:
- Bob Gualtieri, Sheriff
- Jim Jackson, School Board At Large District 1
- Elliott Stern, School Board At Large District 1
- Kimberly "Kim" Campbell, Circuit Judge
- Cathy McKyton, Judge of the County Court
- Brian Battaglia, Circuit Judge
- Jack Day, Circuit Judge
- Scott Andringa, Judge of the County Court
- Janet Long, Pinellas County Commission
- Neil Brickfield, Pinellas County Commission
- Nancy Bostock, Pinellas County Commission
- Madeline Vance, United States Representative
- EJ Otero, United States Representative
- Kathleen Peters, State Representative
- Peter Nehr, State Representative
- Larry Ahern, State Representative
- Ed Hooper, State Representative
- Josh Shulman, State Representative
- Jack Latvala, State Senate
- Jim Frishe, State Senate
“Politics in the Park Hob Nob”, Pinellas County’s only such event, has drawn over 400 participants in years past. It is presented as an educational program open to the public.
Tickets are $15 each and are available for purchase online through either Chamber:
Candidate tables are still available, and can be purchased by calling:
Jillian Lusk, St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-388-0682.
Kathleen Peters, Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce email@example.com or (727) 461-0011 x222