Florida's Sales Tax Holiday starts today! | News
Tampa, Florida -- Florida's Sales Tax Holiday is back and starts today!
Round up the kids and their school supplies list right now, because the state is only giving you a three day break on sales tax on clothing and certain school supplies items.
It ends at the end of the day on Sunday, August 5th.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you head out to the stores...The sales tax break only applies to clothing items $75 and under and certain school supplies $15 and under.
There are a few exceptions. Watches, jewelry and sporting equipment is taxable and so are certain school related items like printer paper and staplers.
There are still a few items on the tax free list those of you who don't have kids can still take advantage of like snow ski suits (not ski boots), fishing vests, garden gloves, hunting vests and yes, even bowling shoes are getting a break.
Upcoming Events near Clearwater
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dancing and live entertainment at Largo's Holiday Showcase Event
- ONLY ON 10: Man goes to Philippines to find in-laws
- Florida Botanical Gardens holiday light display opens
- World's premier Chinese acrobatic company coming to Largo Cultural Center
- Largo rape suspect still at large after attacking 60-year-old