Police: Gun used in teen shooting linked to burglary | News
Clearwater, Florida -- Clearwater Police say the gun used in the accidental shooting of 15-year-old Ryan Greenlee was stolen during a vehicle burglary.
Police say the gun was stolen from an unlocked vehicle sometime between 2 p.m. Aug. 1 and 11 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 1200 block of Highland Avenue.
Detectives say the gun was brought to the home of the shooting by one of the juveniles involved, but it is not known yet how they got their hands on it. None of the adults at the home at the time had any knowledge or involvement with the gun.
Greenlee suffered a gunshot wound to the face and it being treated at All Children's Hospital.
The names of those involved have not yet been released.
Upcoming Events near Clearwater
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dancing and live entertainment at Largo's Holiday Showcase Event
- ONLY ON 10: Man goes to Philippines to find in-laws
- Florida Botanical Gardens holiday light display opens
- World's premier Chinese acrobatic company coming to Largo Cultural Center
- Largo rape suspect still at large after attacking 60-year-old